- NASA = National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the United State’s space program
- USSR = formerly the Soviet Union (1922-1991), including Russia and other Eurasian countries
- Flyby = when a space probe or spacecraft flies by a planetary object (planet, moon, asteroid, etc) close enough to record scientific data
- Orbiter = a space probe that orbits around a planetary object
- Lander = a spacecraft that safely lands on the surface, perhaps depositing a rover as well
- Rover = a self-propelled “robot geologist” that explores the surface of Mars while collecting and transmitting data
- Phobos & Deimos= the small moons of Mars, named after the Greek twins of terror
- In a week, we’ll be creating a very simple model of a rover. Since we have limited time, we’ll be keeping the design and motion very basic.
- Check out the images below to start thinking of different types of car models.