Topic #2: Evidence of Evolution
Learning Goal #19: I can analyze fossil and biological evidence to identify anatomical similarities and differences among organisms in order to infer evolutionary relationships.
Assessment: Activity: Whale Tales
- What are fossils, and how can they be used as evidence of evolution?
- What is a vestigial structure, and how can it be used as evidence of evolution?
- What is a homologous structure, and how can it be used as evidence of evolution?
- What is embryology, and how can it be used as evidence of evolution?
Topic #3: Natural Selection and Adaptation
Learning Goal # 20: I can use mathematical reasoning to explain how natural selection may lead to increases and decreases of specific traits in populations over time
Assessment: Activity: Bye Bye Birdie
- What is natural selection, and how does it work?
- What is adaptation, and how does it affect a population?
- How might a genetic trait affect an organism’s chance of survival?
- How does the environment influence populations over time?