Can you do the math? Practice some of these problems.
- A 12 kg dog is running at a velocity of 5 m/s. How much kinetic energy does it have?
- If you lift a 50 N watermelon to the top of a 2 m fridge, how much potential energy does it have?
- A 5000 kg truck is moving at a velocity of 30 m/s. How much kinetic energy does it have?
- Your angry teacher is holding a 1 N book over your head at a height of 0.5 m. How much potential energy does the book have?
Consider getting your work checked.
Use measurements from your marble coaster to show that you can calculate kinetic and potential energy. Note the mass of the marbles below:
- Mass of metal marble: 0.067 kilograms
- Mass of glass marble: 0.0051 kilograms
Consider getting your worked checked.