The Unit D Test is Period 1 – Wednesday 2/28 or periods 3-6 Thursday 3/1. It is closed-portfolio and consists of three parts (multiple choice, short answer, long answer).
On Monday 2/27, students will receive a study guide to review the major concepts. Otherwise, here is what the assessment measures:
- Waves and Wave Behavior
- Vocabulary and Properties: amplitude, frequency, wavelength, crest, trough
- Types of waves (mechanical vs electromagnetic, transverse v longitudinal)
- Sound Waves and their behavior through mediums
- Explaining sound phenomenon (glass bottles, sound stations)
- Light Waves and their behavior through mediums
- Vocabulary and properties: transmission, reflection, refraction, absorption
- Explaining light phenomenon (water optical illusions, light stations
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
- How is it organized?
- Visible Light & Color
- Rainbows – how do they form?
- Explaining color phenomenon (apples, gummy bears)
- Primary colors of Light
- Mirrors and Lenses
- Basic eye anatomy
- How do we see color?
Topics NOT on the assessment: hearing, Analog v Digital, Earthquake Rescue Plan, or the Cow Eye.